Bringing you some promising trade ideas each trading day

NEW ADDRESS: chribstrades.blogspot.com

Monday, August 18, 2008

Trade Idea for 8/19/08

Major rotting today in the market.

However, there's a chance that this will set us up for a rally tomorrow - after all, today's action did not produce a lower low, let alone a close at a lower low.

Today's prospect TRN sank with the rest of the market, and I don't really like the setup as much anymore so I'm not carrying it over. Sometimes though it's precisely the sub-optimal setups that end up paying off. Therefore I will only lightly discourage you from putting TRN on your list for tomorrow. Like most stocks, it pulled back far today but didn't make a lower low (I'd've scratch it outright if it had).

My trade prospect for tomorrow is a stock I already own. I bought LVLT at 3.41 on a prior setup (those of you on Zecco community already know this if you checked my profile). Because I do not allow myself to add to a losing position, I cannot buy at the Entry A price. Oh, by the way, for tomorrow's pick I decided to add an Aggressive vs. Conservative entry point. Feel to free to mix and match the A & C entries and exits, make two orders instead of one, etc. I don't think now is the time to go aggressive in general so my recommendation is not to commit too much to the Aggressive figures if you plan to use them.

Ticker Entry A Exit A Entry C Exit C Chart
LVLT (Level 3) 3.36 3.23 3.43 3.07 Chart

Please refer to "How To Trade This System" (right-hand side) to read this table.

No comments: