Bringing you some promising trade ideas each trading day

NEW ADDRESS: chribstrades.blogspot.com

Monday, June 29, 2009

Trade Ideas for 06/30/09

The bears tried taking the market down early on, and when they failed, the bulls took over. Since Tuesday's low, each day has seen higher highs in the S&P versus the prior day. Over the past couple of sessions the pace of the rise has slowed, but I'm not sure how to read it. While the bulls have been winning the battles the past week, overall they haven't gotten very far; at the same time this could be the prelude to a more powerful up move. We sold the last of our shorts today, SCC for a profit.

Current Holdings
Ticker Basis Closing
Price
Perf. Sell-Stop Add'l Exit Guideline Chart
DGP 20.26 20.11 -0.7% 19.64 N/A Chart


Mostly longs for tomorrow.

New Trade Ideas
Ticker Entry Exit A Exit C Chart
NVAX (Novavax) 2.62 2.42 N/A Chart
CPSL (China Precision Steel) 2.73 2.49 N/A Chart
LWSN (Lawson Software) 5.64 5.40 N/A Chart
SDS (Ultrashort S&P 500) 56.16 54.31 N/A Chart

Please refer to "How To Trade The Ideas" (right-hand side) to read this table.

2 comments:

rk said...

Chrib,

Great pick today NVAX.I had set my stop limit to 2.62. I looked at the price and opened Zecco to find out that it did not allot me any stocks. I think it jumped over the limit price.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
RK

rk said...

Chrib,

I have a quick question. I am trying to understand why i wasn't alloted any position for NVAX. I had the stop 2.61 and limit at 2.62.It should have got me 2.62 or above.

Another strange thing is zecco got me position in LWSN for 5.63 which was my stop, i had the limit at 5.64.

Please let me know is it zecco or i am doing something wrong.

Thanks,
RK